Often called the future of blood testing, this method requires whole capillary blood from a nearly painless finger prick. It does not involve needles, and it does not require your blood sample to be put in a tube.
Instead, the blood spots dry on a collection card, which gives us highly accurate results of your hormone levels. It also costs less and allows for more stable shipping and storage capabilities.
This method also lets us test the levels of many different hormones. Along with testing for estrogen or progesterone, we can test for:
- thyroxine (T4), free
- triiodothyronine (T3), free
- thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH)
- thyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPO)
- testosterone, total
- sex hormone binding hlobulin (SHBG)
- prostate-specific antigen (PSA)
- insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1)
- estradiol (E2)